This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Halloweekend is the weekend before Halloween, and it’s a significant event for various reasons. It’s a time when people embrace fun costumes and engage in activities such as visiting bars, attending parties, going to clubs, and participating in other Halloween-related events. Celebrating Halloween for the first time at university was a momentous occasion for me. I finally had the chance to experience a full Halloweekend and savor every moment of it.

Kicking off on Thursday, Halloweekend starts with exciting activities at bars and house parties. One popular college bar on Thursdays is Irelands, an Irish bar located on Geary Street. Given that the bar was celebrating Halloween, it became the perfect spot to begin Halloweekend. Dressing up in costumes and heading over there was the ideal choice for the night. The bar offered drink specials, including two drinks for $16, and the evening was filled with dancing and socializing with friends.

Halloweekend featured numerous entertaining activities, including the iconic bar crawl known as “Crawloween.” This event took place on Polk Street and in the Marina, offering free entry to over eight bars from 6 PM until 11 PM. The bar crawl provided special discounts on drinks, and each bar had its own unique drinks and deals. Crawloween was an absolute blast, featuring unique costumes, energetic bars, and an opportunity for my friends and I to dance the night away while taking charming pictures in bars with great music and decorations.

Saturday was a day full of parties and fun, with many people attending house parties or clubs, making it a memorable night. Numerous nightclubs hosted Halloween events and costume contests, making San Francisco’s nightlife thrive.

Sunday, often considered a day of rest for many, was a great opportunity to recharge before the upcoming week. Taking a break from the Halloweekend festivities was essential. Overall going all out for Halloweekend was the best time of my life. If you were not able to participate in all the Halloweekend fun, make sure to not miss it next year!

Brianna Pacheco

San Francisco '24

Hey everyone :) My name is Brianna Pacheco I am from Los Angeles, Ca. I am a Comm major and Marketing minor here at SFSU. A few things I love is matcha, Taylor Swift, reading, and writing. I enjoy writing as a form of self expression and a way to get out all my thoughts and ideas *ੈ✩‧₊˚ Socials @always.bri__ on insta ♡