This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Name: Shiro Osawa
Grad Year: 2013
Hometown: Napa, CA
Major: Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts
Relationship Status: Single

1. What do you do in your spare time?

For leisure I ride a motorcycle. I’ve slowly been getting work done on a large tattoo piece. I chill with my homies as much as possible; we’re all getting busier and busier. As for hobbies, right now I am working with a team people on putting together a documentary about climate change.

2. What do you look for in a girl?

I know it’s kind of vague but I look for chemistry, if there is no connection we probably aren’t compatible. All the little things that attract me to a girl kind of fall into place if we get along and have that rapport.

3. What do you want to do after college?

After college I want to work below the line in feature film production and do some traveling. I also want to produce my own projects on the side & I’d like to one day open my own production company with my friends.

4. What has been the best or worst advice someone has ever given you?

“You have to be nice to people.” No you don’t, people love sarcastic jerks. 

5. Where can we find you on campus?

Most of my classes are in Creative Arts, I spend a lot of time there. If I’m not there, I’m usually near somewhere that sells food. 

6. Where is your favorite place to eat in San Francisco?

I am a food junkie. I have to name more than one: HRD cafe, Wo Hing General Store (great cocktails), La Taqueria in the Mission. They have the best tacos in the world. Also, Kennedy’s Irish Pub (best Indian food), Tani’s Kitchen (great spot for Japanese), and Mission Noodle House in outer Mission has Vietnamese sandwiches that are the best I’ve ever had.

Jessica Schimm

San Francisco

Jessica is journalism major finishing her senior year at San Francisco State University. She founded and lead San Francisco State’s Her Campus branch as Editor-in-Chief for two semesters and now helps run it as managing editor due to other internships responsibilities.  Her passion for magazine and online journalism has led her current online internships at 7x7 and California Home & Design magazines in San Francisco. She also was the social media editor for her award-winning college paper last semester.When Jessica is not working hard in school she spends her time working on her blog, Women Who Run San Francisco and cheering on the San Francisco Giants (world series champs!!). Having been a competitive Irish dancer for 15 years, she knows that it takes practice, hard work and determination to meet her goals. It is through these qualities that she plans to become editor-in-chief at a leading women’s magazine.