This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

As a commuter, I have had my fair share of BART and let me tell you: it sucks. Sure, I love the fact that I am doing something positive for the environment but c’mon..! We commuters suffer quite a bit, so here are some of the things we say and/or think about. If you are a fellow commuter… I feel your pain.

When you have a class at 10 a.m. so you have to wake up at 8 a.m. and catch BART by 8:30 a.m. EXACTLY, but you don’t.

“Crap, I’m gonna be late! Where’s my sweats!?”

Adding money to your to your clipper card…
           “Ughhh, they raised the round-trip fare again!?!”
Running up the escalators like it’s the Olympics to catch the BART, but the doors close right in front of your face!
           “Why! But…but… I was on time!”  
Seeing cute guys on the train.
           “Is he looking? Should I look back? Should I stare out the window?” (When he’s on his phone) “Okay, do a full body check and then go back to my phone.”
When a meeting is over and your colleges are doing something fun afterwards:
           ” I can’t stay. I have to take my one hour commute back home and I want to make it before the sun sets.” 
Having no sympathy for those who live on campus and still manage to come to class late with a lame excuse.
           “Did you die though?”
When BART decides to not go all the way to Daly City so it drops you a couple stops before.
             “I’m going to be so late to class!”
When you get on BART/bus and search for a seat.
          “Everything is taken. Where do I stand now?” (If you are going to class in the morning from the East Bay.) “Wait till Embarcadero; half the people in here will leave.”
Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!