This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

San Francisco is filled with amazing music, art, food and culture practically around every corner. With over 50 museums being scattered throughout the city there is something for everyone. So today I wanted to highlight some of my Top picks of new exhibits hitting the city this Spring and tell you everything you need to know for your next trip to the Bay! 

Starting off one of the most well known museums San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SoMa) which is filled with amazing art work with a few notable ones being Andy Warhol, Frida Kahlo and many others. Starting now all throughout May the museum will be featuring an exhibit dedicated to the artist Alexander Calder called Dissonant Harmony. It is located on the 3rd floor of the museum and showcases his sculptures that are both whimsical and breathtaking. As well as an exhibit starting now up until June 27th called Acción Latina: The ’80s Matter in the Mission which will showcase art that was influential to the Mission during that time period. 

Where to get tickets: Tickets are $19 dollars for ages (19-24) and $25 for adults

Starting April 8th through July 23rd the DeYoung Museum will have Ansel Adams in Our Time which is an exhibition that will showcase work from the influential environmental activist. Ansel Adams is most famously known for his black and white photos of the American West. There will be over 100 photos throughout this exhibitbition and it’s truly something you don’t want to miss. There will also be the first South African exhibit in the U.S called Lhola Amira: Facing the Future. Rather than an installation she describes it as a constellation which will have immersive experiences such as a spiritual portal. It will run through December 2023 and it is one of a kind experience.

Where to get Tickets: General Admission is $15 dollars with special exhibits being a price add on. For Bay area residents General Admission is free every Saturday!

Exploring museums and supporting the city helps preserve the historical artifacts and brings light to new & well known artists alike. Whether your an Sf local or someone visiting from out of town these exhibits museums have something to offer for everyone and are totally worth

Alyssa Escalera

San Francisco '24

Hi everyone! My name is Alyssa Escalera and I am from Los Angeles, California. I'm majoring in Communications with a concentration on Media & Sustainability at San Francisco State. I'm passionate about different subjects such as Social Justice, Environmentalism, Women's Reproductive Health and Journalism. Some of my hobbies include hiking, running, surfing and art. My socials !! @lyssxrey on tiktok