How to Prepare for Season 2 of Stranger Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Photo credit by Netflix.com

Unless you’ve been living under a rock this past year, you would know the rage around the Netflix original TV show, Stranger Things. It premiered last summer on July 2016, Since then, people have become super fans of the show. From binge watching it to dressing up as popular characters like Eleven for Halloween, fans have expressed their love for the show in many ways. The second season of the show is set to release on October 27, 2017, giving us only two weeks to prepare ourselves for the madness to come. In order to help your excitement, Her Campus has conjured up ways to let your inner superfan come out before the premiere of Season 2.

1. Binge watch the show all over again as if you haven’t already seen it

Photo credit by denofgeek.com

If you have the time to waste, definitely re watch all the episodes from start to finish. Yeah it might take some time, but if you’re a dedicated fan and a pro binge watcher, you’ll get through those hour long episodes in a day. By doing this you will be able to relive each and every moment of the episodes. The emotions you had when you first watched the show will arise again, leaving you in one big mess at the end. Not only does this take a physical strain on you, but also a mental one since you’ll be on an emotional rollercoaster all season long.

2. Talk to other Stranger Things’ fans and if you’re bold create a meetup

Photo credit to Netflix.com

Connecting with others on topics you have in common is not only fun, but also relieves emotions built up inside. After going through your emotional chaos while binge watching the show, you should hit up some friends who also enjoy the show and discuss different scenes together. Whether it be moments you hated or loved, talking about it will make it so much better. If you really are a die hard fan, go ahead and plan a meetup with other Stranger Things fans. It’ll be like a book club, but better. There are even things like Stranger Things 80s parties.

3. Create, create, create…oh and create

Credit to Rocky Roark

Stranger Things has become more than just a TV show. Art, music, and poetry have been created for the show by fans. If you have a creative side and just can’t contain your love for the show, why not try expressing it through art? Whether you’re a pro with a pencil or with instruments, go ahead and release your love by creating something others can enjoy.

4. Dress up as the characters

Photo credit to caseylavie.com

Although Halloween is after the show’s premiere, why not think ahead and prepare a costume that will continue the hype even after everyone has seen it? The character Eleven was mimicked heavily last Halloween as tons of people had Eggo boxes. Even though it was done last year, a second round of Stranger Things costumes wouldn’t hurt anyone. You most likely won’t be the only one. If you just can’t wait that long and are ready to rep the show now, go ahead and dress like one of the characters on a regular day.

Hope you have fun utilizing all of these tips leading up to the big day!