This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

It’s not just a group of women you share the same letters with or go to brunch with on Sundays. Or even the same group of people you take pictures with over and over again. To me, Phi Sigma Sigma is more than a sorority – it’s a sisterhood, a family, and a home, all in one.

When I joined Phi Sigma Sigma last semester, little did I know how much of a big impact it was going to have on my life. Whether it’s making a difference on campus through our philanthropy, putting on amazing events, or even just being there for each other, the women you see in this room have changed my life forever. Even though I have only been here for a short time, I am so thankful that I get to be a part of such a phenomenal sisterhood.

Last semester, I didn’t realize that I was going to meet by best friend for life, Allison, or meet my Big, Robin, who is the best big sister I’ve always wanted. I didn’t know that I was going to meet people like my sister Alondra, who laughs at the same jokes that I do and is also passionate about the same things I am. I could go on and on about everyone in this room, but becoming a part of this sorority made me realize that Phi Sig was the girl gang I always knew I wanted, but never knew I needed.

This sorority helped me meet people that are the most genuine, down-to-earth and the most accepting and loving people I have ever met. These are the people I can call at 2AM crying my eyes out, but still know that they’re going to be there for me no matter what. The women that also push me to always do my best, but to never settle for anything less.

Ultimately, joining Phi Sigma Sigma helped me find a home forever within the walls of our pyramid. I’m so lucky to have these phenomenal women as sisters. And for sure, I know that there is no other sisterhood I would want to be a part of.

I can’t wait to see what else Phi Sigma Sigma has in store for me not only in the next couple of years of college, but for the rest of my life.

If you ever have the chance of going through a sorority’s recruitment, just do it. It’ll change your life for the better, I promise.