Do’s and Don’ts At a Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

This past Sunday was a well dressed dream come true. It was the runway show for San Francisco Fashion Week and the first official fashion show that I have ever attended. It was nothing like playing dress up and strutting in your room like our younger selves would. My only knowledge of what to expect came from seeing NYFW, LFW and PFW through medias like Instagram. As I made my way into the venue I couldn’t help but feel like Carrie Bradshaw. Nothing but joy to be in the same room with fabulous people. For a newbie to the fashion shows I couldn’t have stood out more between the rest of the spectators. What I have learned based from this show can not be far from what I expected. Therefore I will tell you the Do’s and Don’ts when attending a fashion show.

Do break out the fancy clothes! It is a night where your imagination can run wild. Think about your favorite style icon and follow in their footsteps.

Don’t act overly excited or excited for that matter. This is the rule I immediately broke as the line to get into the venue grew shorter and shorter. Everyone hid their emotions deep inside to let their model face out.

Also as the models are descending down the runway with their designers ensembles, spectators must remain as if they had a face mask on that had hardened so they couldn’t show emotion. The disinterest towards the models was honestly scary. I found it hard to not melt over the beautiful pieces that floated heavenly in front of me.

Do be a social butterfly! If you are naturally someone who loves to meet new people then you are set to go but if you are a reserved person now is the time to crack that shy shell.

Don’t drink above your alcohol limit. Just don’t. It is not cute when you are dropping wine everywhere. Have one glass like a lady who has an empire under her name.

Do be ready for a night of pictures. Left and right you will be asked to take pictures. If you are not as candid, like myself, be sure to look poised for those sneaky photographers. I was overwhelmed by how natural everyone was in front of a camera. Don’t be afraid to change poses.

Do have a great time. That is a given, obvi. No matter how rude some people may be, trust me there will be one person, don’t let that phase you. Just like the crowd

Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!