This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

As I enter my Senior year of college there are only two things on my mind. Grad school applications and what job will I land after I have my degree in my hands. There is nothing I do that makes me less worried about these huge next steps in my life. Over the past three weeks I have been struggling all day and night, with a scrambled head and running on some frozen food from Traders Joes. Although all these worries are valid and have to be thought out carefully, all I keep thinking about is my moms voice in the back of my head telling me to “calm down”, and to “take is slow, have fun”. After a while I began to think and stop myself from worrying and stressing about things I have no control over. 

That is exactly what life is, something you have no control over. Although life can be a rollercoaster, take that moment to just soak in the San Francisco weather and acknowledge the fact that you are alive and well. Senior year can be tough, that’s a fact, but the reality is that it is the last year of college and it should be fun. Take a break from all the stress and hang out with friends, go see a movie, take yourself out on a solo date, or even join clubs on campus to meet new people. There is always something exciting and fun to do in San Francisco. 

Senior year is about establishing memories. Being able to adjust and balance the workload and still enjoy yourself is a must. Senior year will bring tears and sadness but it will be the time where you look back at all the amazing accomplishments and memories you have had and make you love life for what it is. 

Some important tips for school based workload in your Senior year would be to stay on top of assignments. This can be hard when you are juggling many things at once, but taking time to prioritize classes and school work will help you complete assignments on time as well as help you keep up with the class. Forming study groups is always a huge adjustment that will not only help your study techniques but will also improve the way you approach the class and will offer you a support system. Being a Senior will require a lot of rigorous assignments, but starting early and asking for help will help ease the anxiety of homework overall. Applying for graduation was not something I was aware of, yet it is the most important thing you can do as a senior. Make sure to get in contact with an advisor in order to help you out with the application process. Get together with friends and complete it together or take a deep breath and complete it yourself, and then give yourself a pat on the back, senior year is almost over and it is your year to make memories. 

Don’t be afraid to ask for help if needed whether that be emotionally or physically. Lean on friends for help, as well as trusted adults and professors. Most of all senior year is about having fun and adjusting to new career options, internships, and connections! 

Brianna Pacheco

San Francisco '24

Hey everyone :) My name is Brianna Pacheco I am from Los Angeles, Ca. I am a Comm major and Marketing minor here at SFSU. A few things I love is matcha, Taylor Swift, reading, and writing. I enjoy writing as a form of self expression and a way to get out all my thoughts and ideas *ੈ✩‧₊˚ Socials @always.bri__ on insta ♡