5 Songs to Energize Your Fall Mornings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Unless you’ve been living a cozy, heated bubble, you know that fall weather has finally reached San Francisco. And if you’re anything like me, cold temperatures only add an extra layer of resistance to your mornings. Not even the thought of infinity scarves and seasonal coffee can lure me from my warm, loving bed. However, when I do finally pry myself out of bed, I like to listen to upbeat music to start my mornings right. Here I’ve complied 5 of the best songs to motivate you to brace the cold weather and that evil 9 am class. 

1. “Beat of My Drum” by Powers 
This song has a catchy beat to get you up a moving in the morning. Dancing is a great way to warm up and forget about jumping back under the covers.
2. “Cake By The Ocean” by DNCE
If you didn’t already know, DNCE is Joe Jonas’s new band and it doesn’t disappoint. I promise it will be nearly impossible not to start randomly dancing while waiting for the Muni.
3. “Sorry” by Justin Bieber
Justin Bieber’s music has definitely stepped it up recently. The catchy Caribbean rhythm is enough to make you forget about bracing the chilly weather outside. 
4. “How I Want Ya” by Hudson Thames ft. Hailee Steinfeld 
Fair warning: this song will get stuck in your head (but its so good you won’t mind)!
5. “Never Forget You” by Zara Larsson & MNEK
The drop in this song is amazing and will definitely wake you up in a good mood. 

Rachel is a second-year history major at San Francisco State University. She's a pop culture junkie who's optometrist tells her she spends too much time reading and looking at a screen. Her special talents include singing the wrong words during karoke and dancing like Chandler Bing.