3 Cookie Recipes for this Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Tis’ the season to indulge in extra delicious holiday treats that we might regret later on, but probably not; let’s be real, it’s worth the extra weight gain. This holiday season get your baking on with a few of these heavenly cookie ideas! These cookies could be great for taking to a holiday party, giving as little treat baskets for gifts, or my personal favorite, eating all for yourself while watching Netflix in your pajamas late at night. Whatever these cookies are for, you’ll be SO glad you made them! These are only just a tiny few out of the many various cookies that you could bake! If none of these recipes appeal to you, you can find so many others through baking magazines, baking blogs or my personal favorite, good old Pinterest. I hope you enjoy these scrumptious cookies as much as I do ladies! 

1. Caramel Stuffed Soft Gingerbread: (24 Cookies)

Ingredients:

• 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 24 caramels

Steps:

• First off before any baking make sure to preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, then mix together the unsalted butter and brown sugar together until completely mixed.
  • Secondly, add in the molasses and mix well.
  • After completely mixed, beat in the eggs.
  • Next, mix in the vanilla extract and all of the spices.
  • Once that is all added in, mix in your dry ingredients; the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
  • Roll the dough into small little balls, then take a caramel, place it in between two dough balls and squeeze the two dough balls together so they completely cover the caramel and form into a ball shape.
  • Continue doing this for all of the caramels.
  • Once you’re finished wrapping all of your caramels in the dough, place in oven for about 10ish minutes or until they look completely baked.
  • Take them out of the oven and just let them cool down!

2. Hot Cocoa Cookies: ( 48 Cookies)

Ingredients:

• 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2/3 cups cocoa powder
  • 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows

Steps:

• Before anything, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
  • You’ll start off mixing together your butter and sugar.
  • Once that’s mixed well, you’ll beat in your eggs and then add in the vanilla extract.
  • Afterwards in a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
  • Combine all of your wet ingredients with your dry ingredients and completely mix all together.
  • In one big bowl with all of your mixed ingredients, add in the chocolate chips.
  • Drop little spoonfuls of the dough on a baking sheet and place in the oven for about 10ish minutes or until they look well baked.
  • Immedietly after taking your cookies out of the oven, top each cookie with a few mini marshmallows so they melt onto each cookie. 
  • Let cool and you’re ready to serve!

3. Chocolate Peppermint Cookies: (24 Cookies)

Ingredients:

• 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 peppermint baking bars
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Steps:

• First off, preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
  • Next, melt together the chocolate chips with the butter in the microwave; once completely melted make sure they are mixed together well.
  • Afterwards in a separate bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar until well mixed.
  • Slowly add together the chocolate mix into the bowl with the eggs and sugar and stir together well.
  • Add in the flour and baking powder to the mixture to create the dough.
  • Next, you’ll want to chop up the peppermint bars and add that into the mixture.
  • Scoop small spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for about 10ish minutes or so or until they look completely baked.
  • Let the cookies cool for a bit and you’re all set to go!