Tips for Getting Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

With finals this week, we all have trouble spending our time wisely and surviving our long study sessions. We day dream about our holiday plans, and wish we were anywhere besides crowded Copley. Her Campus San Diego has some tips for getting through multiple hours at a time in the library and for scheduling your week wisely.

1.     Plan out your week

In your planner or notebook, write out all of your exams for that week. Include the tests you have to study for, and schedule enough study time. Make sure to schedule break time too! This will help keep you organized and not feel overwhelmed when it comes time to get everything done.

2.     Caffeine

I’m sure for all of us, our caffeine addictions are kicked into full gear come finals season. Get up early and head down to Starbucks or Aroma’s for that drink with three espressos. It will help you power through your studying.

3.     Study with friends or classmates

Studying with other people will help keep you motivated. Seeing others working hard and focusing will make you want to do the same. Plus, on your study breaks, you will have people to talk to and go get that second round of coffee with.

4.     Take breaks

Study for an hour, and then take a 10-minute break. Being able to look forward to a break will keep you from procrastinating during your focus time.

5.     Get up early and start your day

Instead of sleeping in, and inevitably having to stay up late to get all of your work done, head to bed early and wake up early. You’ll be able to beat the rush at Copley, snag a good seat, and get your morning coffee!

Happy studying!