Meet This Week’s Well Traveled Campus Cutie: Hannah Guggisberg!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

For this week’s Campus Cutie, it was an easy choice. Hannah Guggisberg, a Junior at USD, is an incredible human. She is unapologetically hilarious, always speaks her mind, is ridiculously well traveled and is very involved on our school’s campus. Thankfully, she was able to take some time out from her busy schedule and answer some questions. Enjoy! 

Her Campus (HC): What is your name and major/minor?

Hannah Guggisberg (HG): Marketing major, Asian Studies minor.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

HG: I am an active member of Delta Sigma Pi( a business fraternity), Alpha Phi, and the Chinese Language Union!

HC: Why did you choose to join/apply for DSP?

HG: After declaring a major in business, I wanted to find a place where I could grow professionally and DSP seemed like the perfect place.

HC: What advice would you give to someone looking to join?

HG: Go for it! It’s a ton of fun and a great learning experience. Business professionals from the San Diego area come in and give us career advice, we do community service, and our brotherhood events are a lot of fun! Rush is at the beginning of every Fall and Spring semester… haha starting to feel like this is an advertisement. But seriously – RUSH!

HC: What do you like to do for fun?

HG: My bike rides on the boardwalk, they’re beautiful. 

HC: You are insanely well traveled. Where have you been and where have you lived? Which is your favorite? OH, and where is your next adventure?

HG: I grew up in Egypt, Singapore, and then took my gap year in Beijing after high school, before coming to USD. I’ve traveled a lot of places in between but my favorite has to be Koh Samui. My family vacations there a lot, but Thailand in general is so incredible, I recommend it to anyone. My adventurous parents are actually moving to India in July, so the next adventure is Christmas in India! I’m looking forward to it to say the least.

HC: What would you want to change on the USD campus?

HG: USD kind of lacks a campus community… but I guess I can’t expect anything else when we live so close to the beach. Who wants to hang around campus when we have so much else to do?

HC: What do you like about USD?

HG: The location but also the professors – probably the two reasons I’ve had such a great experience so far.

HC: What is something you’ve always wanted to do?

HG: Recently I’ve wanted to go “glamping” in Big Sur! It’s kind of embarrassing but I’ve grown up in a city my whole life and don’t know really know how to camp, so glamping seems like a good in-between.  

Jamie Eddy

San Diego

Hi! My name is Jamie and I am a Junior at the University of San Diego. What makes me happy is being outdoors, spending time with family and friends, trying new and exciting activities, and most of all, traveling. I am a Communication Studies Major with the hope of pursuing a career within the fashion industry. I decided to join the Her Campus team because I want my voice to be heard. I believe there is an unbelievable amount of topics that need to be addressed and people that need to be recognized. I hope you enjoy! email: jamie.eddy@gmail.cominstagram: @jamieddyy