photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Meet this Week’s Campus Cutie: Clay Oliver!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

Hometown: Boise, Idaho

Major: Biochemistry

Her Campus (HC): What are you currently involved in on campus?

Clay Oliver (CO): My major involvement and contribution to campus would be through my fraternity, Lambda Chi Alpha. I was risk manager last year and this year I am currently Standards Chairman, just making sure everyone is in compliance. Pete Green and I actually put together the compliance program.

HC: What are your career goals for the future?

CO: I am currently just trying to graduate first. I think biochemistry has had its way with me up until this point, so I am focusing on graduating first and after that I would like to get into biotech or alternative energies.

HC: What did you do over the summer?

CO: I was actually working in a research lab here on campus. I was also living in PB; it was a pretty good time.

HC: What are three words that describe you?

CO: I would describe myself as quirky, sensitive and patient.

HC: What would be your ideal date?

CO: I am really big into the romantic dinner so that will definitely be in there somewhere. I love roller blading so I think roller blading on the boardwalk and riding around during the sunset would be cute. Then, dinner by a place down by the beach and maybe a midnight stroll later that night.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

CO: Rachel McAdams because her performance in The Notebook was second to none.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

CO: I look for someone who can understand my sense of humor. And who can just let me be weird because I am kind of a weird guy. I want someone who can take me being weird as normal. I would say that’s one of the biggest things. I could say what everyone says like attractive, intelligent, and all that stuff, but I think that is kind of taken for granted. The one unique thing I look for is just someone who can let me be weird.

HC: Are you single?

CO: I am very much single and ready to mingle. You can usually find me Tuesday nights at the Beach Comber doing karaoke so come up and do a duet. 

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us, Clay!

Born in the Bay but raised in the A. Give me absurd amounts of pasta and the beach and I will forever be a in a state of bliss.