Meet USD’s Panhellenic President, and this weeks Cutie!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.
Her Campus (HC): Where are you from?

Molly Gartland (MG): Scottsdale, AZ born and raised.

HC: Tell us a little about yourself.

MG: I’m the youngest of two and an avid sports fan. My sister and I always played sports growing up and I played on the varsity basketball team in high school for three years. I love movies (Rudy is my favorite) and experimenting in the kitchen (I make mean guac). 

HC: What is your major?

MG: I’m an International Relations major with a minor in Peace and Justice Studies. I think governments are fascinating and am interning on Capitol Hill this summer!

HC: What are your hobbies?

MG: Aside from sports, movies, and cooking, I love traveling and trying new things. I studied abroad in South Africa over the summer and Ireland last semester and loved experiencing all of the different cultures (and foods!) I encountered. 

HC: How are you involved here at USD?

MG: I am currently the Panhellenic President for Greek Life as well as proud member of Gamma Phi Beta, shout out to all my G Phi sistas! I am also part of the Honors program and Order of Omega. 

HC: When did you become Panhellenic President?

MG: In January, right after returning from abroad.

HC: What is your favorite thing about being Panhellenic President?

MG: I really love working with all of the different women in Greek Life. We have such phenomenal members and leaders that getting to watch them all do their thing and know I get to help represent them and their amazing work is such an honor. 

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

MG: Anyone with a man-bun, or Miles Teller. 

HC: What is your dream date?

MG: A picnic in Central Park with a live soundtrack from Ed Sheeran

HC: Are you single? Our readers are always curious!

MG: Actually no, I’ve been dating Jordan Lemoine for about a year and a half!
California girl, born and raised in San Diego. Love sushi, Law and Order: SVU, and the beach. Communication major and English minor. Hoping to become a sports broadcaster one day. Love traveling, sports, and spending time with my family and friends. Check out @kellylinne on Instagram for more.