A Real World First

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

On October 12th the 32nd season of The Real World aired on MTV. As a huge fan of the show and after many, many seasons I’ve watched this season seems to be a little different. No it’s not the theme ‘Bad Blood’ it’s the fact that four out of the seven cast mates are black – a real world FIRST. Typically, there would be no more than two black people on the show, either one black woman and one black man or one and not the other. However this season has 3 beautiful black women, and one handsome black man in the cast. Theo Bradley even mentioned that in his confessional on the first episode. Twitter also got a little crazy with excited for this reality show’s first very diverse cast.

As many seasons I’ve watched, I’ve never seen this many people of color. I love and appreciate how much TV is changing. I can’t wait to see how the rest of this season goes.

Catch the Real World: Bad Blood on MTV Wednesdays at 10.

Naomi is a 21 year old senior at Salisbury University studying English and minoring in Professional Business Writing. Naomi loves everything about TV and Film and hopes to be the next Shonda Rhimes with hit television shows on a major network. She loves writing and creating stories but ultimately wants to be very prominent in the entertainment world.