This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Lately, with the stress of school, listening to podcasts have been my saving grace, my holy grail.

I recently got into podcasts this past summer and since then, I’ve found myself listening to them nonstop. Listening into these digital audio episodes has become super convenient and gets my mind thinking when I’m trying to complete my day to day tasks. With podcasts growing increasing popular in the past two years, there are endless channels to choose from.  

Source

With my new-found love for podcasts I thought it would be appropriate to share two of my favorite channels that have uplifted me during this semester.

I was first introduced to the podcast world with, The Read, hosted by Kid Fury and Crissle. If you’re interested in staying up to date with the latest pop culture, this podcast is the one for you.

With a busy schedule I don’t always have time to keep up with what’s happening with my favorite celebs but listening in while getting ready for class and on the bus ride to campus, I get to stay in the loop to what’s going on in the media.

My most recent podcast is AfroLit, hosted by BoBo and Ekua. As a young African woman in America, this podcast is one that quickly became my favorite because this show discusses a plethora of topics I have faced in my personal life.

Hearing BoBo and Ekua talk about their personal experiences with topics ranging from self-love to relationships to colorism, sexism, and racism in America is almost like hearing your older sisters give you advice on what they’ve been through and how they overcame such issues. Listening into this podcast is truly a breath of fresh air and definitely reminds you you’re not alone.

Source

Irene Senaya

Salisbury '20

n/a
Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.