This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Lebron James, the number one draft pick in the first round of the 2003 NBA draft and picked by the Cleveland Cavaliers, has played for Cleveland, Miami, and currently the LA Lakers.

The famous number 23 jersey wearer has decided in 2018 to go as a free agent and agreed to a four-year $153.3 million contract with the Lakers. The only thing was all James fans had very high expectations for him to change the face of the Lakers.

So far, things have not been that great. The Lakers are 11th in the Western Conference with a record of four wins to six loses. Even it is still early in the season, the chemistry still has not been created.

Source

With new people being traded to the team, Javale McGee who came from the Warriors, Lance Stephenson from the Pacers, Michael Beasley from the Knicks, and Rajon Rondo from the Pelicans just to name a few.

There is talent there in the team, the team just needs to be able to put it all together. With previous young players such as Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma, even though they are young and athletic, who knows if they will be able to keep up with James. With all the young talent on the team, it is possible that they can help Lebron make it to playoffs or should I say Lebron can help them.

Maybe at the sixth, seventh, or eighth seed, hopefully for James, this will be a positive turn out. It has been discussed that James will take nights off to be fresh for the playoffs which I believe is a smart move, only if the younger and fresher players can get him there. James still has more seasons ahead, but what do I know, I’m a Warriors fan. 

Source

Kiela Edmond

Salisbury '19

A senior at Salisbury University. Kiela loves food, traveling, and trying new things. It will always be a dream of hers to travel to Greece. She is an Exercise Science major that plans to work for the NFL or NBA. Kiela believes in body positivity! and loving yourself :)
Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.