LION BABE is an electro-soul music duo consisting of Jillian Hervey and Lucas Goodman who debuted in 2012. While Goodman and Hervey met at Northeastern University, this duo comes from different backgrounds.
Goodman comes from a relatively normal background in Greenwich Village, New York City and grew up making beats and producing his own songs. Hervey grew up in a relatively normal household as well in Chappaqua, New York studying dance but Hervey’s parents are actor Ramon Hervey II and former Miss America Vanessa Williams.
Although these two grew up differently, they have an undeniable talent together. Their music presents a unique sound that you can never hear anywhere else. Here is why you should listen:
- LION BABE’s first single, Treat Me Like Fire, came out in 2012 with much success.
- Front-woman Jillian Hervey advocates against heart disease.
- They made Elvis Duran’s artist of the month.
- They have collaborations with multiple successful artists such as Childish Gambino, Pharrell Williams, and Disclosure.
- They recently performed at Coachella.
- Producer Lucas Goodman uses artists such as Timbaland, J Dilla, Prince, Iggy Pop, Jimi Hendrix, and Led Zeppelin as inspiration for the music he creates.
- Their music promotes positivity.
- Their music is very unique and easy to listen to.
LION BABE has a variety of songs that will make you laugh, smile, and dance. The variety of mixes and sounds this duo creates never stops amazing their fans and there is nothing else like them. Click here to check out LION BABE’S video for “Honey Dew.”