This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

The leaves are falling and the temperature is slowly dropping, and you may be asking yourself, what is there to do?

In honor of Halloween and all things October, here are a few places you should venture this month.

1. Pumpkin Patch

I know you’re probably thinking that pumpkin patches are just for kids but, hey, we’re still young adults here, and besides, you’re never too old to pick a pumpkin.

Your local pumpkin patch may have a variety of activities besides the obvious, such as hay rides, and corn mazes during the evening, which would be a little more age appropriate. They also have activities including cornhole and hay rolling, as well as petting zoos. Plus, it’s the perfect setting for a mini photo shoot for Instagram #fall.

2. Haunted House

If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, going to anything with the world “haunted” in front of it is the place for you. Haunted forest, haunted maze, haunted hay ride, you get the point. Even though we know it’s only actors, it still scares me every time. Hey, my friend got so scared that she peed her pants one time. Look up something that’s local around you, something is sure to pop up (no pun intended).

3. Theme Park

Usually around this time, theme parks celebrate with the month of October dedicated to Halloween. During the day, it is more kid friendly but at night, is when the monsters come out to play. Zombies, witches, and goblins pop out of shadows as you make your way through the park, and you might even end up riding your favorite ride next to one. They even have monster shows and other attractions, that you can attend if you’re not into the rides.

Whether you’re with your friends or a significant other, these are some activities you will definitely enjoy doing together. You can always use google to find places that are near you, so start planning!

Xena Metzger is currently a writer for HerCampus in the Salisbury University chapter. She joined because of her interest in writing and wanted a platform to share her own interests. In her free time, she enjoys playing volleyball, and reading thriller novels. Fun fact about her, is that she’s gotten up to over level 1000 on three separate Candy Crush games. She is an accounting major and after college, she plans to get her CPA license, and possibly go to graduate school.
Stephanie Chisley is an outgoing go-getter. Originally, Stephanie is from Oxon Hill, MD. She is currently a student at Salisbury University where she is studying Communication Arts with a track in journalism and public relations and a minor in Theater. While attending Salisbury University, Stephanie currently holds an executive board position as the secretary for Salisbury's Society of Professional Journalists . Stephanie plans on becoming an anchor for E! News or a writer, radio host, and announcer for BuzzFeed. In her free time, Stephanie is always on her phone scanning through social media, communicating with her friends, and finding new places to eat near her area.