10 Stevie Nicks Songs to Celebrate Her SECOND Induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Music icon Stevie Nicks was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for the second time in her career. In case you’ve been living under a rock your entire life, Nicks is most well-known for career as the lead singer in the band Fleetwood Mac, as well as for having a successful solo career. 

It’s because of her success in both areas that she was inducted once again, making her the first woman to do so. She was inducted by her close friend Harry Styles and the two performed together following the ceremony. I’d say her success is a great way to wrap up Women’s History Month. In honor of her work over the last five decades, here’s a compilation of some her greatest hits to put you back in the groove. 

Source

1. “Rhiannon”

One of my personal favorites, this song with its surreal melodies and beautiful lyrics makes you feel like you’re a witch walking in the woods, with a knowledge about the world that everyone else is still looking for.

Source

2. “Dreams”

It’s hard to say which of Stevie Nicks’ songs are my favorite when they’re all so great, but this a great one for when you’re riding down the road, and want to sing about the parts of life and love that are both painful and special.

Source

3. “Gypsy”

There’s something about the songs Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks put out that makes you want to spin around and dance. When I listen to this, I feel like I could spin for days.

Source

4. “The Chain”

Let me tell you, there’s something so nice about that classical folk rock sound and the harmonious voices of Nicks and bandmate Lindsey Buckingham about falling out of love, especially as they were going through a real-life breakup at the time.

Source

5. “Landslide”

A much gentler song compared to some of her other upbeat hits, “Landslide” is about reflecting on your life while being scared – and hopeful about the future.

Source

6. “Edge of Seventeen”

A complete contrast to Landslide, Edge of Seventeen is what you listen to when you’re getting ready to go out with the girls and want to get down to a great guitar riff.

Source

7. “Go Your Own Way”

Although Nicks isn’t the lead singer on this one, I’d argue that her contribution is still important to making it as powerful as it is, and that it wouldn’t be quite the same without her. A great breakup song for telling your ex goodbye.

Source

8. “Don’t Stop”

Ah, another great hit! There’s something about this song that just makes me want to bounce my foot up and down non-stop and keep snapping my fingers. 

Source

9. “Seven Wonders”

If you’ve watched American Horror Story: Coven then you’re probably familiar with this one. What you might not know is this came out decades before the witches of Louisiana were competing to see who the next supreme was. Another timeless song you can dance to.

Source

10. “Silver Springs”

Last, but most certainly not least, this is one of the prettiest songs you can listen to by Nicks. A soft breakup ballad about a lover not being able to forget you, simply put a beautiful listen.

Source

Kaitlyn

Salisbury '23

Kaitlyn is a a dynamic communications professional with a passion for writing, strategic marketing, and creative video production. She graduated from the Maryland Institute College of Art with a Master's Degree in Filmmaking in 2023. Her writing there focused on documentary, narrative, and fiction work. She also graduated from Salisbury University with degrees in Communications, English, and Linguistics. Kaitlyn has devoted her professional and personal life to public service and bettering the lives of others through her skills. In her free time she enjoys traveling and spending time with her cats.
Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.