Reasons Why I LOVE Notre Dame Football

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

The season has finally started for the Fighting Irish! Sitting in the student section, and getting rowdy with the crowd is something I’ve been looking forward to since I was a little girl in a little Notre Dame cheerleading outfit. Growing up going to Notre Dame games was one of the highlights of my childhood. I would go out with my aunt and uncle and they’d get me the cute face tattoos and we’d have a blast! That has a lot to do with why I love Notre Dame Football so much, but here are some other reasons:

1. The Sense of Community. I love how everyone acts and treats each other at the games. There is definitely a sense of unity and togetherness at the stadium on game day, and that makes the games more fun. Knowing the people around you (most of them anyways) are cheering for the same reason you are makes for good conversation.

2. The Student Section. I’m only a freshman, but being able to enjoy the atmosphere of the student section and chanting with them is so exciting. I can’t wait to get out there and just experience life in the student section!

3. The Marching Band. The marching band is so good. I like how they play popular songs that people will know and that makes the timeouts and pauses more interesting. Plus, hearing the Notre Dame Fight Song makes everyone grin ear to ear and that’s always an extra bonus!

4. When Notre Dame Scores/Wins. This one is a little obvious, but it makes the game/crowd 20 times more upbeat so being able to cheer on the Fighting Irish when they score is just a great reward in itself.

Go Irish!

Ashley Clark

Saint Mary's

Hello! I'm Ashley and I'm an incoming freshman. I live for fashion and I absolutely love chick-flicks! I'd live at the beach if I could and I love to travel! I'm leaning towards studying Communications with a minor in French, Journalism, or Art, but I'm excited to start this new chapter being a writer at Her Campus Saint Mary's :)
Therese Burke

Saint Mary's