Made With Love: Knitted Scarves, Hats, and Mittens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

In light of the polar vortex, I thought I would share some of my thoughts on winter fashion. 

You know in movies how the girl always looks so cute? And she has a date and they are usually in New York City during Christmas time, ice-skating, drinking hot chocolate and laughing? Well I find this to be completely inaccurate!  Because in -10 degree weather I don’t think I would be ice skating, drinking hot chocolate or laughing, but rather chiseling the frozen tears off my face. 

Maybe I’m just jealous because when I get all bundled up to go outside I don’t look like Zooey Deschanel from Elf, but instead like Randy Parker from A Christmas Story

(Side note: Randy is my spirit animal). 

However, I must say Belles that I am loving the winter fashion! 

Personally I think the best way to spice up any puffy parka is with handmade accessories! I am fortunate enough to have a cousin, who is an avid knitter and a talent seamstress, whip me up these lovely babies for the cold winter months!  I love the idea of scarves, hats, and mittens made with love!  I realize that everyone might not necessarily enjoy knitting, or has someone in their life that might knit things for them, so I recommend a website called Esty.com. 

You can find plenty of homemade winter accessories and they are super cute!  In the meantime, enjoy the recent “heat wave”, and bundle up Belles!  

Photo provided by the author 

Kat Morris

Saint Mary's

Self proclaimed parkourest.   Lover of all things pink. Dinosaur enthusiast.