Cute Ways to Stay Warm this Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

With the recent and unfortunate change in weather, we are all finally experiencing the infamous South Bend winter. The perma-cloud is here, and the snow won’t be leaving anytime soon. (No matter how much we beg) So what is the best way not to freeze on your morning walks to your 8 AM? Well, there are plenty of comfy and cute ways to do so!

The Long Puffy Coat

This is one of the most common styles on campus during the winter. Whether it is North face, Columbia, or any other brands that sell this coat you wont be disappointed. I just recently bought one for myself and it got me through the last ND game with ease. I recommend it! Love the look and love the warmth even more!

Ugg Boots

Another ‘duh’ item that almost everyone wears during the winter. The Ugg boot is definitely tried and true.  They come in a variety of styles and colors and keep your feet warm and help you get through the mounting snow. I know I love mine!

Big Comfy Sweaters

The big comfy sweater is another personal favorite. They can be dressed up, dressed down, and just about everything in between. They can match just about anyone’s personal style and can be accessorized in a variety of different ways. One of my favorite things to do is to go thrift shopping for my sweaters. (Ok, Mackelmore) But really, I have found some of my favorite sweaters at the local Goodwill. Take some patience and good luck!

Fleece Leggings

Fleece leggings are the new things to wear. I just recently got my first pair and let me tell you what they are AMAZING. Also, made in a variety of colors and patterns, they are the perfect addition to a big sweater and comfy scarf. The great thing is you can’t tell the difference between normal and fleece leggings until you put them on and feel the warmth!

Infinity Scarves and Cute Hats

This is the best way to make your winter outfit your own. You can find a scarf or hat in just about any color or design. You can find some really unique and different ones if you go to the right store. I just went shopping at my favorite local boutique, Flourish, and got this amazing scarf and hat set by B-Mused Knitters. Perfect to wear around campus to support the Fighting Irish!  

Katlynn Kennedy

Saint Mary's

Hey, I am Katlynn! I am a freshman at Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, IN. I am a computational mathematics and computer engineering major. I am involved in many clubs on campus including our class board, the University of ND college republicans club, the Engineering club, and the Irish Figure Skating Club! I love The Big Bang Theory and The Vampire Diaries. My favorite color is red and my favorite animal is a tie between squirrels and ducks. I listen to alternative punk music, sleeping is my favorite hobby and love hockey and football. (GO IRISH!!)