Campus Cutie: Gabi Weldy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Hometown: Mishawaka, IN

Major: Communication, Philosophy

Residence Hall: Le Mans

Activities you enjoy:

laughing, hiking, reading, jamming, and frising (playing Frisbee)

How has junior year been treating you?

Junior year is no joke! I feel like I have no wiggle room academically this semester. It’s definitely my most challenging course load yet, but I know it’s stretching me to be a better student. So fingers crossed, I’m hoping I’ll get straight A’s with as few stomach ulcers as possible!

What is your favorite place on campus?

Can I just say the whole campus? In terms of scenic appeal, the Avenue is definitely a favorite. But in terms of sentimental value, I really have come to love the DH. (Not because of the food.) Many of my favorite moments have been there, connecting with my sisters.

What is the one thing you can’t survive the school year without?

Dodgeball season! My friends and I participate in intermural dodgeball each Spring, and it is always a major highlight of the year. Spring semester is always tougher than Fall in my experience, and I don’t know if I’d maintain as high an outlook if I wasn’t able to look forward to all the fun times that come along with dodgeball season with my crew!

Go to off campus dinner spot?

Sunny Italy! It’s the oldest Italian restaurant in South Bend, and it’s totally charming. The food is delicious (and super fattening, but again, treat yourself), and the staff is fabulous. Make a trip, it’s worth it!

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Growing up, I really loved The Lord of the Rings movies, which to me is just a colossal travel ad for New Zealand; it’s stunning. I’d love to take a few weeks and hike the countryside there!

Favorite social media outlet?

Twitter. People are the most honest and the most creative there, I think.

Lauren is happily living life as a Communication Studies Major at Saint Mary's College. When not writing for Her Campus or studying for classes, she can be found binge watching reality TV or obsessing over Notre Dame Football.
Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.