This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

The start of every school year promises countless new adventures and exciting opportunities. At Saint Mary’s, we look forward to fun nights out with our best friends, taking new classes that spark our passions, seeing the world via study abroad opportunities, and, most importantly, Notre Dame football games.

These exciting experiences undoubtedly create some of the best memories we’ll look back on years from now with wide smiles on our faces. However, too easily we spend our time wishing the weekdays away, impatiently waiting for the weekend, whereas we should appreciate every single moment we’re given. Saint Mary’s is an incredible place, and every second we spend here is full of moments that we’ll appreciate for the rest of our lives.

So, of course, get excited for the amazing upcoming events that we’re about to experience. But don’t forget to cherish the small moments that make every day at Saint Mary’s incredible. Appreciate the nightly sleepovers we’re able to have with our best friends. Laugh a little louder at your friends’ hilarious stories told during dinner. Soak in classroom lectures and discussions that expand your worldview and challenge you to think critically about your beliefs. And, of course, don’t forget to stop and appreciate the breathtakingly beautiful campus we’re surrounded by every day.

Carpe diem, Belles! We are so blessed to be able to spend four years at this amazing school.

Ashley Hovorka

Saint Mary's

Native Chiburbian. Fitness enthusiast. My life can be summed up with the hashtag #TallGirlProblems.
Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.