5 Top Awkward Moments That Happen When You Go To Notre Dame

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

1. When a Notre Dame girl asks what dorm you’re in and you respond, “I go to Saint Mary’s!” and the conversation stops awkwardly. Or in my case freshman year, first weekend, I respond with “McCandless” and she has no idea what I’m talking about.

2. When Hesburgh closes at night to the public and you make a run to ABP and get locked out because you can’t swipe yourself back in.

3. When you go to LaFun and have to use cash at Starbucks instead of your flex points. You can just feel all eyes on you glaring because you are holding up the line because the cashier has to get you your change.

4. When you go to the internship fair and are having a great conversation with a company and then they tell you to go to “Go Irish” and you be like…”uh well actually Saint Mary’s doesn’t use Go Irish. Then they be like…”uh I don’t know what you have to do then.”

5. When you have to ask someone for directions and they tell you but use other buildings for reference and you don’t know where those are either. You just look at them like:

Photo 1, GIF 1, GIF 2, GIF 3, GIF 4, GIF 5

Be sure to follow HCSMC on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram!

Mary Gerth

Saint Mary's

Hannah Drinkall

Saint Mary's

Hannah graduated Saint Mary's College (May 2016) with a major in Communication Studies & a minor in Public Relations & Advertising. She was the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Saint Mary's, which she co-founded in December 2013. She's from Florida, and she is now working in New York City with New York Times best selling author, Adriana Trigiani. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @hannahdrinkall!