5 Make-Up Products You Need In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

I’m a girl who’s all about makeup and I have been for as long as I can remember. Face primers, lip glosses, eyelash curlers – you name it. I’m a sucker for the dark eyeshadow + cat eye combo, and I sport it as much as I can. (Except for my Tuesday and Thursday 9:30AM class, where you will find me still half asleep and I definitely have not put my face on yet…yikes). I’m constantly buying and trying new makeup, because it makes me feel beautiful. Here are 5 products that are definitely worth your time and money.

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm

These balms, I swear, work miracles. Revlon does lip products the right way. The color choices are gorgeous, it’s easy to put on, and it shimmers like no other. Plus, the price is pretty affordable for a lip product – around $6 at your local drugstore.

L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Foundation

I am completely obsessed with this. I’d never bought a liquid foundation that I actually loved before this one came along, and I am so happy I randomly plucked it off the shelf to try! The bottle will last you a long while, the coverage is great, and it perfectly blends with your skin. Heck yes.

e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner

I will rant about how much I love e.l.f.’s products until the day I die. Seriously. Almost every time I make a trip to Target or Meijer, I have to make a stop at the huge e.lf. section in the makeup aisle. They have so many different products, from primers, to mascara, to brushes and more. These eyeliners are excellent quality and are only $2 each, so stock up! I recommend the black one; it’s what I always use to get that perfect cat eye.

Wet ‘n’ Wild Megasparkle Eye Confetti

This stuff. THIS STUFF. I JUST LOVE GLITTER. I bought this sparkle container over a year ago and I still use it alllll the time. Whether you’re using it for a night out or just want to add a little flair to your weekday outfit, this is the way to go. It has just the right amount of shimmer and it doesn’t shed all over your face when you apply it. Cha-ching.

Sephora Golden Spice Blush

Ooooh, yes. Blush is perfect way to add a bit of color to your look. This particular blush has been my best friend ever since I found it in the clearance bin at Sephora, and I absolutely love the gorgeous pinkish/reddish tint. You know that you’ll always get quality makeup at Sephora, it’s just a given. Plus this one’s got a hint of sparkle in it – even better!

20-year-old writer and dreamer, trying to make the world brighter one word at a time.
Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.