This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Sure Disney movies are some of the best parts of our childhood, but there are some classic non-Disney movies that definitely deserve some love. 

1. Anastasia

How could you not love the musical genius that was Anastasia? Not only did the movie give us the best historically-inspired adventure, but the soundtrack was iconic. Let’s be real, we all became well-versed in the mystery of the Romanovs because of this film. If it inspired a Broadway musical, you know it’s good. 

2. Ferngully

If you watched Ferngully as a kid, there’s a 95% chance your an environmental activist now. 80s jams and Robin Williams- what more do you need from a kid’s movie?

3. Iron Giant

Because sometimes you just need to have your heart broken, but at least the art style is beautiful.  

4. All Dogs Go To Heaven

Honestly the food in this movie makes me wish real food looked that good. A combination of bright colors, catchy music, and an edgy plot line makes this movie iconic. 

A senior at Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, IN studying Theatre, Film, and English. An avid lover of indie films, thrift stores, and color coding. Trying to do it all, sometimes succeeding.