10 Quotes to Make You Think Otherwise on this Gloomy Tuesday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

It’s Tuesday, your brain needs a little stimulation, and reading this is probably more interesting than listening to your professor ramble on about a bunch of random information that will never apply to your life.

From movies, books, articles, and other famous people, here’s some quotes that really make me think about my life and the people in it.

1. “Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That’s the kind of person that’s worth sticking with.”

–Mac MacGuff, Juno

2. “Don’t pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches”

Andy Warhol

3.  “It is the useless things that make life worth living and that make life dangerous too: wine, love, art, beauty. Without them life is safe, but not worth bothering with.”― Stephen FryMoab Is My Washpot

4. “I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.”

— 

Maya Angelou

5. “We waste so many days waiting for weekend. So many nights wanting morning. Our lust for future comfort is the biggest thief of life.”

-Joshua Glenn Clark

6. “I’m starting to realize that people lack good mirrors. It’s so hard for anyone to show us how we look, and so hard for us to show anyone how we feel.”

-John Green, Paper Towns

7. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”- Ernest Hemingway

8. “The most courageous act is to think for yourself. Aloud.”

-Coco Chanel

9. “Life beats down and crushes the soul, and art reminds you that you have one.”

-Stella Adler

10. “There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.”― Nelson Mandela

And maybe these quotes won’t resonate with you, or maybe they will. But I’d rather take a chance and share these in hopes that at least one person will be inspired to go out there and make today the best Monday yet.

Go out there and conquer the world… or maybe just that Lit paper due by 3 pm.

Oh and here’s a bonus poem (I know it’s not a quote, I’m sorry!) that I absolutely love.

Masks

“She had blue skin,

And so did he.

He kept it hid,

And so did she.

They searched for blue

Their whole life through,

Then passed right by—

And never knew. “

-Shell Silverstein

Photos provided by the author