This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAIC chapter.

I’ve considered myself a feminist for quite some time now and I feel comfortable expressing this, but the more I try to explain what feminism is for me and how I apply it in my personal life, the more questions I have about this movement and how I should practice it. On one side, I have a very clear mind of what feminism means to me which is based on the idea of equality for every gender. But, I also have a lot of questions I’m still trying to figure out an answer for that might be worth thinking of:

1.    Are sexist people bad people, or just ignorant?

2.    Does being ignorant make you a bad person?

3.    Should men be put as enemies if they are a part of society we are trying to change?

4.    What is the line that divides someone sexist from someone who is not?

5.    Is “it’s just a joke” still relevant today?

6.    Am I talking too much about the feminist movement or is it just me talking about my personal everyday struggles as a woman?

7.     Do women have the responsibility of explaining respect and feminism to other people who still don’t understand it?

8.    If we want to see a different society, shouldn’t we explain feminism when we have the chance?

9.    Why should it be our responsibility to inform someone when the internet is at such close reach?

10.What about the people who are not aware they are being disrespectful or ignorant?

11.What relationships are worth saving and which are not when realizing they are sexist?

12.Which people are worth explaining respect to and which are not?

13.Should I let other people’s experiences with an individual determine my own experiences with them?

14.Can we trust people with sexist backgrounds who state they have changed?

15.What is the best way to say “stop sexism”?

16.Should we completely isolate sexists?

17. Should we explain why what they did is wrong and sexist?

18.Should we expose them on social media?

19. Should we take them to court? (obviously, yes if it’s physical assault)

20.Should we label young kids and teenagers who are ignorant and were raised in a patriarchal society as sexists?  

21.Who is it to blame? The kid, the parent or the society?

22.How do I tell my father he is sexist?

Follow up on my next article for some possible answers for this questions.

Born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Current Film and Video student at SAIC.
Writer, student of Visual and Critical Studies, artist in various mediums. Representing (and missing) Ecuador from Chicago. Believes in feminism, social activism and taking care of our planet.