Why it’s Never Too Early to Listen to Christmas Music 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

There are two types of people in the world:

Those who believe that listening to Christmas music must wait until after thanksgiving, and those who believe it’s never too early for some Holiday Spirit. 

If you are wondering which type I am, the title of this article gives it away. However, I agree that it doesn’t quite feel right to play Holiday tunes until it’s cold out. Here in Connecticut, the mornings have been 35 degrees, so lately Mariah Carey & Nat King Cole have been frequently blasted throughout my morning commute to campus. 

But, as I mentioned, not everyone is ready to get into the Christmas Spirit this early. So here are my top 5 reasons for why it is never too early to listen to Christmas Music… 

1. Buddy The Elf’s Wise Words

2. It’s too cold to listen to Anything else!

3. Nothing says cozy pajamas, blankets and hot cocoa like Christmas 

It’s just not as enjoyable listening to Cardi B 

4. Have you ever blasted “All I want for Christmas is You” while driving around??

Enough said.

5. Why not celebrate the happiest time of the year a little longer?

There’s not enough happiness in this world, we should make the most out of the season.

Overall, I know people agree and disagree with starting the Christmas season early, but for me, there’s no question about it. 

Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas Everyone!

Annie May

Sacred Heart '20

Senior at Sacred Heart University Lover of Coffee, Jazz & Writing
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.