This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

As a current senior in college who is starting to realize just how many days I have left before my life will change massively, I’d like to take a moment to reminisce on some of the things I will miss the most after graduating college. Some things that I take for granted these days might be the things I miss the most. I am both terrified and excited for post-grad life, mostly because I don’t have a set plan as to where I’ll be or what I’ll be doing. However, I don’t plan to stay near campus or near where many of my friends live.

1. Seeing my best friends every day – Probably the thing I’ll miss the most is getting to see my best friends every day. I live in a house with three of them, and the others come over often to hang out too. At college we get to be all together, however when we go home, we are all apart.
  2. Attending sporting events – There’s nothing that makes me feel more school spirit than rooting for the Pioneers at a home game. These games are always so fun, especially hockey, and make me feel pride in where I go to school.
  3. Walking around campus or academic buildings – I’ll miss being a part of a campus community and seeing other students hang out, walk around, study and more. Walking around and seeing everyone out on a nice day makes me feel so happy to have picked Sacred Heart. The whole feeling of being a college student and getting to call this beautiful campus my home is so amazing. 
  4. Getting dinner at JPs – I’m really going to miss nights at JPs with my friends to get food. I have some great memories there while having some great diner food and milkshakes. JPs is easily one of my favorite spots on campus and I’m going to miss it so much.
  5. My college house – The idea of leaving my college house and moving everything out makes me so sad. I love how I’ve decorated my bedroom and just how much time I’ve spent in here the past two years. So many people have come in and out for dinners, movie nights, parties and more.

I am a believer that everything happens for a reason and things will work out for those who work hard and are good people. I have high hopes for my future, but I might have trouble adjusting to a whole new lifestyle, especially one where I don’t get to see my best friends every day. As a kid, all I wanted to do was grow up, and now as an adult, I want nothing more than to go back to the careless days of being a kid. However, I am excited for adulthood because like I said, I have no idea what’ll happen, which is pretty exciting.

Ally Peto

Sacred Heart '23

Hey I'm Ally! I'm a communications major from MA and I love watching movies and eating pancakes :)