1. Her Confidence. Miley is the face of confidence. Just last year she appeared on Barbara Walter’s list of “Most Fascinating People.” Miley does whatever she wants. She doesn’t give a f*** what other people think. Although some people may see Miley’s persona and, more specifically, her performances as controversial, Miley sends out an important message to her fans: Be you. Be who you want to be– not who others want you to be.
Check out her interview with Barbara Walters here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbh9j7oIWJQ
2. Her Work Ethic. Miley Cyrus is only TWENTY-ONE years old, yet she is selling out stadiums all over the country for her BANGERZ tour. What’s more surprising is the fact that this isn’t even Miley’s first big world tour. At just thirteen years old she was touring throughout the United States and Canada alongside The Jonas Brothers for the Best of Both Worlds tour while most of us were just getting our braces off. At only seventeen years old Miley was ranked thirteenth on Forbes’ Celebrity 100. Miley gave up her childhood for this lifestyle and it paid off. Upon its release, BANGERZ debuted at No. 1 on the charts.
3. Her Bod. Her No. 1 spot on Maxim’s 2013 Hot 100 speaks for itself.
4. Her Hair. She can pull off practically any look.
5. Her Appearance. Miley somehow manages to look edgy and scandalous, yet classy and flawless…all at once.
6. She CREATED Twerking. Literally. “Twerk” is now listed in the dictionary.
7. She’s funny. Although Miley is serious about her music, she is still able to have fun. She likes to call herself “an adult baby.”
Love the teeth, Miley.
8. Her Tattoos. Among many others, Miley has a tattoo of an equal sign on her ring finger. Although the tattoo created some controversy, Miley stood by her beliefs and kept the tat. Again, she sends an important message to her fans: Support what you believe in!
9. Her Love of Animals. Miley Cyrus has four dogs that she posts pictures with daily. However, just last week, her dog Floyd passed away. Miley was devastated. The night of her concert at the TD Garden in Boston, MA a massive blow-up dog appeared on the stage as Miley was supposed to perform, “I Can’t Be Tamed.” At the sight of the Floyd look-alike Miley collapsed on the floor of the stage. The remainder of the night Miley performed through the tears, telling her fans, “I really need you guys tonight.” Before she sang “Adore You” Miley told the crowd, “During this song I usually tell people to make-out…but tonight I want you to turn to the person next to you and tell them you love them.”
10. She Puts Family First. During her very emotional show in Boston last week, Miley sang “Adore You” with her mom, Tish, in her arms.
Check out the vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS1taorG8ks
11. She Values Her Fans. Lulu Martinez, who is battling cancer for the second time, wanted nothing more than to meet her idol, Miley Cyrus. After seeing the hashtag “#MileytoLulu” taking over twitter, Miley invited Lulu backstage for her March 10th show in Minnesota. Miley loves her “Smilers.”
12. Her Independencee. When discussing her breakup with Liam Hemsworth in an interview with Barbara Walters, Miley admits, “I was so scared of ever being alone, and I think conquering that fear this year was actually bigger than any other transition that I had this entire year. I don’t ever want to have to need someone again where you feel like without them you can’t be yourself.” If you were to break off an engagement with your fiancée, wouldn’t you be on your couch with a box of tissues eating out of an ice cream carton? Not Miley. Check out Miley’s interview with Ellen Degeneres and take notes: http://www.ellentv.com/episodes/miley-cyrus-and-more/ (HINT: It’s clip number four out of eight!!!)
13. Her Ability to Perform. Miley cannot put on a boring show. Her VMA performance had EVERYBODY talking (refer back to the infamous foam finger). For her BANGERZ tour, Miley enters the stage via a slide in the shape of a massive tongue. Throughout the show she wears a number of glitzy, scandalous outfits and makes a number of provocative gestures, such as grabbing her crotch while sticking her tongue out. Let’s face it, when Miley’s on stage– all eyes are on her. At one point of the show, Miley actually rides a hot dog. It goes without saying– her performances are always unforgettable.
(All pictures are from her BANGERZ tour)