This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

As the leaves fall and we start another week identical to the last, we as students can start to feel like we’re in a rut; each day that passes brings us closer to online school and finals. Even in a pandemic you can still have fun and make the most of college, no matter your class year! Here are some cute ideas to implement into your last few weeks in person at school!

1. Themed Nights

I’m sure you all saw on Tik Tok over quarantine… tons of ideas regarding themed parties to implement with your friends over the weekend. With your family pod, make a calendar with different themes for you guys to dress up throughout the duration of this semester. You can even have food that goes with the theme and play music that goes along with it as well! Seeing what each of your roommates pull together will be fun and it can even be an excuse to get dressed up! Some examples are: Mamma Mia, Men You’d SIMP For, PJs, Euphoria, and so much more! Let your imagination go wild, take turns picking a theme, and have fun with it! Just because you cannot go out and do things, doesn’t mean you can’t have fun at home!

Photo by Anna Shvets from Pexels

1. Fun in the Middle of the Week

With the semester coming to a close and finals approaching, people are stressed. This idea is so important not only to have fun, but for your mental health! You need to start adding in time to do fun things on the weekdays. Whether it’s a spa night, movie night, baking, anything! You can even multitask while doing  homework while you watch the movie, whatever you need to do to make it work. You should not have to wait until the end of the week to have fun and unwind with your roommates!

1. Family Dinners

This idea is the most heartwarming. Pick a day of the week with your roommates and have a family dinner. Take turns cooking, order in, or go to a dining hall to eat out. Pick a day like Friday or Sunday to end or start off the week with something fun; this will allow you to bond over your week and good food. This gives you something to look forward to. As it gets closer to Thanksgiving, have a Friendsgiving!

beers cheers over dinner by elevate
Photo by Elevate from Unsplash

I hope these ideas and tips inspire you to make these last few weeks count! It does not even need to be something big, the smallest thing nowadays can seem like so much fun! Make the best of these times together before you’re home for the rest of the semester. As always, be safe and stay healthy!

Courtney Cardona

Sacred Heart '21

I'm a senior Social Work major at Sacred Heart University! I'm from Long Island, New York!I love writing for HerCampus because you can write about whatever you want!
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)