Three Different Party Themes for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

A Haunted Carnival

For food, you could have snacks like freshly popped popcorn with red icing on top for “blood” and eyeball sprinkles. You could buy a bunch of different carnival themed popcorn containers/snack bowls and fill them with cute spooky snacks that you can have fun decorating too. Some food serving suggestions for the carnival theme are corn dogs, popcorn, and cotton candy. For the cotton candy you could even buy cute eyeball picks to stick in to make it more festive. You could also buy a haunted carnival kit on Amazon or Etsy that comes with labels, stickers, signage, etc. and put them all around your party to enhance the theme. Decorations are EVERYTHING, so as long as you have really cool decorations that fit your theme, everything else will come together! You could have guests dress up as clowns, jesters, and mimes. For fun activities, you could set up mini ring toss and other carnival games.

A Murder Mystery Party

Murder mystery nights are always so much fun. There’s so much you could do with this to make your party a huge success. You could buy a kit off of Amazon and there’s so many different themes you could choose from. Whichever theme you choose, you could have your guests dress up in relation to the theme. A lot of murder mystery party kits also have breaks built into the game for dinner to be served and come with meal suggestions. You could make a meal themed with the game, or you could just come up with a spooky Halloween meal on your own. Your guests will love it either way! 

A Candy Making Party

For a more relaxed but fun night, you could host a Halloween candy making party! You could have your guests come for a dessert party type of thing since candy won’t really count as a dinner, although most people wish it could. You could have your guests over after dinner for a night full of candy making. The main event of the night could be having a haunted gingerbread house decorating contest! You could buy pre-assembled kits, so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of assembling it yourself, and put out Halloween themed sprinkles, a bunch of different colored frostings, and other Halloween themed candies. Other candies you could make at the party could be ghost-meringues, spooky chocolate bark, Frankenstein themed marshmallow pops, caramel apples, and with finger pretzel rods. 

Amanda Palma

Sacred Heart '24

Hi, I'm Amanda and I'm from New York! I'm a graphic design major at Sacred Heart University with digital marketing and honors minors. I love art, cooking & baking, and cake decorating!