This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Ever wondered what happens when you mix the magic of Taylor Swift’s tunes with the touchdown finesse of Travis Kelce? It’s like throwing a pop concert into the middle of a football field and watching the sparks fly. Swift, the queen of relatable lyrics, and Kelce, the king of end zone celebrations, are an unexpected duo making waves that even the most seasoned sports commentators didn’t see coming. It’s like mixing your favorite breakup anthem with an epic touchdown dance. So, grab your popcorn and your favorite Swift album because, in this matchup of beats and blitzes, the playlist is the only thing more unpredictable than the game. 

No matter if you’re a football fan, a swiftie, or neither I’m almost certain you have heard about the new surprising couple (unless you’ve been living under a rock of course). If you need a quick refresher I’ll shoot you a summary. At Taylor’s shows, fans trade friendship bracelets as a tribute to her song “You’re On Your Own Kid”, because of the lyrics “so, make the friendship bracelets, take the moment and taste it.” Kelce being at one of Swift’s many shows wanted to give her a bracelet with his number on it. Unfortunately, Travis could not deliver his bracelet to Taylor in July of 2023. Fast forward to September 12th, a source comes out saying that Swift and Kelce have been “quietly hanging out” and they saw them hanging out in NYC a few weeks ago. September 21st we hear that Kelce invited Swift to a game which she later attended. This game September 24th is where Swift was seen with Travis’s family and even posted by the official NFL TikTok leaving the game with Kelce. Later that night the two were seen together at Prime Social Rooftop where they were very affectionate with each other. September 27th during an interview with Kelce he says that his friends and family in the box had nothing but kind words about Swift. Taylor has continued to attend the Chiefs games before the couple shows up for a surprise cameo on SNL. The couple is also spotted out numerous other times together for dinner. Finally leading up to now Taylor is back on the road for her Eras Tour in Buenos Aires. Kelce was seen attending the Friday and Sunday show and Swift even gave him a shoutout during her song Karma singing “Karma is the guy on the chiefs coming straight home to me.” After the show, Swift was seen running up to and kissing Kelce. On top of this Swift does two surprise songs per show and sang two specific love songs which made fans go wild. Labyrinth where she was seen smiling while singing the line “Uh oh, I’m falling in love. Oh no, I’m falling in love again” She also sang the song End Game which is a popular love song of hers. 

Now that we are caught up on the relationship timeline let’s go into how fans on both sides have reacted to this coupling. In April 2023 Taylor and her long-term boyfriend Joe Alwyn broke up after six years fans went wild. Seeing Swift get into something new about 3 months ago was something fans didn’t suspect. Personally, I do not see a problem with this but some are saying Swift has moved on too fast before Kelce Swift had a short fling with Matty Healy which received a lot of hate and controversy because of his reputation. Some fans on the football scene are nervous about Travis due to Swift’s “boy crazy” reputation. The people skeptical about this relationship are too focused on Taylor’s songs about her ex-boyfriends and not wanting to hear the ones about Kelce. Football fans also seem to be fed up with the overuse of Taylor Swift content. The NFL had changed their Twitter header and bio to include Swift. Taylor is such a huge influence in today’s culture just as football is that once she started seeing the football star two of the biggest influences on pop culture today were aligned. 

Overall as a Swiftie, I am very excited to see where this relationship goes and hey maybe it will get me to watch the Superbowl for once! So, there you have it – Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce, the unexpected dream team we didn’t know we needed. From catchy tunes to touchdown celebrations, they’re proving that life’s a party, and they’re the hosts. Keep grooving, keep laughing, and remember, in this wild ride called life, there’s always room for a little Swift and Kelce swagger. Cheers to the ultimate power duo of American pop culture.

Gia Hart

Sacred Heart '23

I'm Gia I go to Sacred Heart University I am a psychology major on the D1 cheerleading team here. I have always been big on writing anything from just little journal entries to short stories. My interests are music (especially Taylor Swift and Harry Styles), reading, watching tv shows and hanging out with my friends.