Short Girl Problems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Tall girls have it easy! Every short girl knows that the struggles are real. I would hardly consider being asked if you played basketball a problem. No one ever asks us shorties if we play basketball. Tall girls, consider yourselves lucky. Here is just a taste of what us short girls have to deal with everyday…

Short girl problem #1

“Hey, my head is not an arm rest!”

Anyone who is taller than us just assumes that if they need something to lean on, your head is the perfect spot, even if you are all the way across the room. Its like tall people have a homing device that automatically brings them straight to you whenever they get too tired to stand up.

Short girl problem #2

The visor in my car is too high to shield the sun from my eyes.

This is the worst! When I first started driving my parents made me sit on a phone book so that 1. I could reach the pedals and 2. If it was sunny, I could actually see in front of me. Eventually, I could reach the pedals on my own, but I was still too short for the visor to shield the sun. I would have to drive really slowly when my friends would come in the car to make sure I didn’t get blinded and crash into a tree.

Short girl problem #3

“You’re so short!”

Oh my God thank you so much for telling me how short I am, I didn’t notice. This is my biggest pet peeve. Random people come up to you all the time to tell you how short you are and that you are so cute. No one ever comes up to you to tell you how long and beautiful your legs are.

Short girl problem #4

Pant bottoms getting soaked when it rains.

Now this isn’t the only problem us short girls have when it comes to clothes. Capris end up being high waters, sleeves are too long, and you can NEVER find jeans that fit. Pants are either too long, or too big in the waist. Shopping is a struggle, but my mom constantly tells me, “Short people ALWAYS look better in their clothes.” That is a true fact.

Short girl problem #5

The movies, concerts, and class.

Every short girl knows the ultimate struggle of not being able to see over people. What I don’t get is why tall people find it necessary to sit in front of you. Like, you can easily see everything if you sit in one of the million seats that are behind me! And when we ask the tall people if they wouldn’t mind moving over or switching seats, they give us attitude. Maybe after reading this, they will realize how tough us shorties have it and move over!!!!!

But if you shorties are ever feeling down about your height, just remember…

Jessica Schild is a sophomore exercise science major and pre-law student. She aspires to be a corporate lawyer in the future. Jess is a member of the Division I softball team at Sacred Heart. In her free time, Jess enjoys working out and spending time with her friends and family.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.