The Pros and Cons of Chipotle Delivery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Yes, you read that correctly: Your beloved Mexican fast-food chain may start delivering to Sacred Heart University students. Chipotle plans to deliver to 40 college campuses this fall, including nearby Trinity College. However, they are looking to expand their deliveries to colleges throughout the entire country by spring. This phenomenon seems heaven-sent. But, not so fast– we need to weigh the pros and cons before we start petitioning all over campus with Chipotle signs.

Pros

You could be in the middle of binge-watching your current Netflix obsession while a burrito is en-route to your dorm! Nothing sounds better than staying in your room all day while watching Friends and eating your favorite, shameful burrito. 

You no longer have to deal with waiting in line at Chipotle. You are officially done with waiting for indecisive people who take forever ordering their burrito. Do you want meat or not, people?

Technically, you are supporting the economy! Even though you already pay about $50,000+ to attend college, buying your next Chipotle meal is helping consumer spending, which makes up roughly 70% of our country’s economic activity.

It’s a major time saver. Whether it’s finals week or you’re just crammed with homework, you don’t have to interrupt your work to get lunch or dinner because it will be delivered straight to you.

Seems like a no-brainer.

Cons

Chipotle delivery straight to your dorm is another reason you will most likely gain weight in college. In case stress, laziness, or beer hasn’t caused you to gain a few extra pounds…Chipotle on-demand will definitely do the trick.

RIP to your bank account. Not only will you have to pay for your burrito, but you will most likely tip the charming Chipotle employee because he or she is the reason you haven’t gone hungry. Oh, and the guac is still extra.

More burritos means more visits to the gym. Unless you’re a D1 athlete, you will probably need to start sweating more often if you keep up the constant Chipotle consumption. What’s the fun in being fit?

You may become a Chipotle addict (if you aren’t already). Caution: Chipotle is delicious, and you may feel the need to order a burrito multiple times a week.

I'm a freshman at Sacred Heart University. I am double majoring in marketing and management.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.