This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

As a content creator who attended New York Fashion Week this month, I definitely had my eyes open to spot the hottest trends. Here are some of the most notable!

Electric Blue and Viva Magenta

While bright colors have been trending for a while, as we’ve seen this past year with the color green, I noticed a lot of bright blues and hot pinks! I noticed these trends not only on the runways but in the city streets. In January, The Pantone Color Institute named Viva Magenta as its official color of the year for 2023. Since then, hot pinks have been on the rise in fashion. As opposed to the neutral trends we’ve been seeing, I anticipate more bright colors to be seen this year.

Hoods

I saw hoods featured on dresses in several different runway shows! This includes on street style mini dresses and on formal cocktail dresses. I’m a big fan of this trend and think it’s very unique! After the pandemic, I’ve seen many trends attempting to make cozy chic. This is reflected in the trend of matching sweat sets with slick back buns and layered jewelry. I expect to see this trend continue to evolve.

Mesh

I saw lots of mesh dresses throughout NYFW! This was a very popular trend in the 90s and I think it will become very popular this year, similarly to the y2k trends that evolved in 2022. In addition to appearances at NYFW, the topic of mesh dresses has been trending this month due to Jordyn Wood’s controversial mesh dress that received backlash from plus sized influencer Stella Williams. That being said, I think this trend will evolve and we will continue to see quality reviews on these dresses from fashion influencers.

Hi! My name is Briella and I major in psychology and minor in Criminal Justice. I love lifting weights at the gym, shopping with my friends, and spending time with my family. In addition to HerCampus, I am apart of Kappa Alpha Theta, Women in Business, Psychology Club, and Fashion Club.