This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Anyone else running out of things to watch with all this new time on your hands? Don’t worry, I have you covered! Here are my top three Netflix shows you should definitely binge if you haven’t already!

woman eating popcorn
Photo by JESHOOTS.com from Pexels

New Girl

Coming in at number one we have New Girl. Jess, a quirky and fun loving school teacher who just broke up with her boyfriend is looking for somewhere to live. She then comes across an ad for an open room in an apartment on Craig’s list and despite the loft also being rented by three men, she signs the lease and the rest is history! It is so easy to fall in love with this seven-season masterpiece! The episodes are on the shorter side, so get ready to click “Yes I’m still watching”. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll enjoy these characters like no others!

20th Century Fox Television / Giphy

Jane the Virgin 

My second binge worthy series is Jane the Virgin. This is a heartwarming show about a virgin Latina aspiring author, who accidentally becomes artificially inseminated with the sperm of a successful hotel owner. This show has it all!  A love triangle, family reunions, a criminal mastermind, families being torn apart,  and so much more! This show will make you laugh, cry, scream, then cry again. These characters will feel like family, and it’s a must watch!

kimmy schmit tv gif
Netflix / Giphy

Stranger Things

My third draft pick is of course, Stranger Things. If you haven’t hopped on this bandwagon yet, let this be asign that it’s time! This show, even though different than the others on this list, is incredible. Follow the different adventures of four young boys, their parents, the neighborhood sheriff, and their older siblings in this 1980s set science/horror fiction drama! You will most likely want to watch the entire first season in one day, and the second one the next, and the third the day after that. This show is just that addicting! The only thing I’ll say is make sure you don’t watch it before you go to sleep!

A black and white photo of Vincent Price next to a table of vintage objects covered in exaggerated cobwebs
Pixabay

These are my top three must watch series if you haven’t already! Even with their massive popularity, I wouldn’t be surprised if anyone happened to miss them!  I recommend investing in a pair of blue light glasses on Amazon to keep your eyes healthy, then start binging!

Gif of a character from the Princess Bride saying \"As you wish\"
Giphy

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.