Le-oh What About the Fashion?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Although Sunday evening ended the stream of Oscar-less Leo memes, it also brought a wealth of fresh, mocking memes of Heidi Klum in what looked like a one-sleeve purple prom dress from hell. However, not all of the night’s fashion choices were bad ones. I asked Sacred Heart University students for their input on this one. I gave 10 random students each one of the pictures seen below and asked them to say what first came to mind upon seeing the picture, I then gave them all 10 celebs and had them rank them worst to best. Here are the results.

10. Sandy Powell 

“David Bowie X 10.”

– Derek, Senior

9. Jared Leto

“Great singer, terrible shoe choice, unless he was going for the Hostess cupcake look.”

-Sean, Junior

8. Heidi Klum

“She looks like a tulip. Heidi Klum is beautiful and this dress takes away from her natural beauty, all I can do is look at that hideous dress.”

-Andy, Junior

7. Amy Poehler

“Not a flattering dress. It looks way too big for her, and the flowers make her look older then she really is.”

-Sarah, Sophomore

6. Kate Winslet

“Is that a garbage bag?”

-Nick, Sophomore

5. Cate Blanchett

“Cinderella, is that you?”

-Haley, Junior

4. Kerry Washington

“I like her outfit. It’s simple but works, shows some skin but not too much. Black and white are always good colors to wear.”

-Tevin, Senior

3. Priyanka Chopra

“Not a fan of the dress. It looks like a risqué wedding dress with a belt that looks like a tiny ladder. Cute earrings though.”

-Cathryn, Sophomore

2. Lady Gaga

“Marilyn Monroe esque with the classic Hollywood curls and white draped jumpsuit. Very classy and elegant, and so different from what she normally puts out there. This may be a bit too mature and maternal, especially for her, but she still pulled it off. Her make-up is glamorous and natural and her lack of jewelry shows she wanted to be the statement piece instead of clothes.”

-Alyssa, Junior

1. Rachel McAdams

“The color of the dress is stunning, and Rachel McAdams can pull anything off.”

-Lauren, Junior

Well there you have it ladies and gents, the good, the bad and the ugly (and some good) all summed up by SHU’s finest. But let’s be honest, no matter how bad or fab these fashions were, we’ll all still be obsessing over Leo until next year. 

Katie is a sophomore at Sacred Heart University. She is currently majoring in Nursing with hopes to be a Pediatric Nurse. In her free time you can find her cuddling her dog while watching Grey's Anatomy.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.