This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

If you didn’t know Kacey Musgraves before the 61st annual Grammy Awards you know her now.  The young country music singer went into the night nominated for 4 awards; Country Album, Country Song, Album, and Country Solo Performance, and came out victorious in each category.  

Musgrave’s album, “Golden Hour,” was released in March of 2018.  From special feelings of love with her song, “Butterflies,” to dancing to her own beat with, “High Horse,” Musgraves truly blessed us with the album of the year.  

Prior to her beautiful performance of “Rainbow” at the Grammys, Musgrave’s team released the new music video for Rainbow and brought the song to country radio as her next single.  She also sang alongside Dolly Parton, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Maren Morris while they celebrated Parton’s amazing music career. 

This was Musgrave’s night from beginning to end.  Early in the night she took home the award for best country solo performance for “Butterflies,” best country song for “Space Cowboy,” and best country album for “Golden Hour” and album of the year was the cherry on top.   

Accepting her award in the most vibrant red feathery dress Musgraves said, “I never dreamed that this record would be met with such love, such warmth, such positivity. It seriously means the world to me. I love country music with everything that I am and I’m very proud to be able to get to share my version of that with the world,”

She also gave the sweetest shout out to her husband, Ruston Kelly saying, “I really believe I wouldn’t have this album if I hadn’t met you and you didn’t open my heart like you did, so thank you so much.”

With such poise and beauty Musgrave’s rightfully earned each award presented to her. With such success there is already talks of her next album, Dolly Parton, and more.  Country music can’t wait to see what is next in store for this amazing woman. 

If you haven’t listened to “Golden Hour” be sure to check it out on Spotify or Apple Music. Every song is stunning you won’t regret it!

Meg Rice

Sacred Heart '19

Taylor Swift enthusiast, lover of caramel iced coffee, & sister of Zeta Tau Alpha at Sacred Heart University
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.