This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Believe it or not we are already more than halfway through the semester and this is the point where everyone, including myself, is feeling burnout and ready for assignments and exams to be over. Here are a few of my favorite tips and tricks on how to deal with mid-semester burnout and finish the semester successfully. 

1. Take study breaks and get some rest

Taking study and work breaks and taking a nap or relaxing will help you in the long run. If you are constantly pushing yourself and not taking a second to breathe and relax it will only lead to pure exhaustion and maybe even getting sick. It’s extremely important that when you feel exhausted or done you listen to yourself and take a break when needed. 

2. Do something for yourself everyday

Doing something that you love or are passionate about everyday will make you feel better overall. It will also get you out of the school mindset and allow you to think and focus on something else for a change of scenery. 

3. Get some fresh air or exercise

Going outside, even though the weather is getting colder, is something that I like to do and is nice for a change of scenery and to get some fresh air. Being held up in your dorm just sitting there doing work is not good for both your physical and mental health. 

4. Make sure your consuming the food you need

I hate saying this because when I was younger my parents would always say this to me, but it’s true. Consuming food that gives you energy and the proteins that you need to make your body feel good is so important. What you’re putting in your body will affect you in the long run and give you the energy you need to keep studying and not get burnt out. 

5. Remember there is help all around you 

Finally, the last piece of advice that I have is to remember that there are resources all around you to get you the help you may need. Do not be afraid to reach out to family, friends, professors, and the counseling center. Remember that everyone wants you to be in a good space and be successful.

Isabel Haglund

Sacred Heart '24

Isabel Haglund is a junior at Sacred Heart University majoring in Media Arts: Journalism. She is from a small town right outside of Boston, MA. This is her third year writing for Her Campus and she loves it