This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Harry Styles is arguably one of the greatest gifts the earth has yet to offer us. He’s incredibly talented and an incredible human being. All around just a 15/10. I ‘adore’ Harry and his music in good times and bad. That being said, here is a list of a Harry Styles song for every mood.

Harry Styles Wave
Giphy

When you just want to belt something out… Lights Up.

“Shine, step into the light, Shine, so bright sometimes, Shine, I’m not ever going back…”

Hot take, this is Harry’s catchiest song. The beat is so good and all the “(La-da-da-da-da)”s make it so fun to sing and dance to it. It is such a bop. I remember I had it on nonstop repeat the week it came out. I definitely always crank the volume up whenever it comes on!

When you’re having relationship or friendship  troubles… Two Ghosts

“We’re not who we used to be, We’re not who we used to be, We’re just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me, Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat…”

This song is so vulnerable and honest. People change and sometimes that might change their relationship with someone. That is totally okay and in this song, Harry is acknowledging that. Don’t dwell on the person you used to be if it is holding you back from becoming a better version of yourself!

When you’re craving or having a nice summer day… Watermelon Sugar

“Tastes like strawberries on a summer evenin’, And it sounds just like a song, I want more berries and that summer feelin’, It’s so wonderful and warm….” 

This song SCREAMS Summer! It is such a feel good song, and no matter where you listen to it, you will feel like you are on the beach with an ice cold Watermelon White Claw in hand!

When you’re going through a hard time… Sign of the Times

“Just stop your crying, It’s a sign of the times, We gotta get away from here, We gotta get away from here, Just stop your crying, It’ll be alright, They told me that the end is near, We gotta get away from here”

Even though this song is over three years old, I think it is so fitting to all that is going on in our world right now. Yes, we are going through a hard time as a country and who knows, someone reading this may be facing hardship in their personal lives. Whatever the case, it is important to remember that things will get better and back to normal at some point. The end is near. I definitely recommend anyone going through a hard time to give this song a listen to know you’re not alone and nothing is not permanent!

When you’re homesick… Canyon Moon.

“Staring at the ceiling, Two weeks and I’ll be home, Carry the feeling, Through Paris, all through Rome, And I’m still thinking back to, A time under the canyon moon, I’m going, oh, I’m going, I’m going, oh, I’m going, I’m going, oh, I’m going home”

This song makes my heart so happy! I think the “Canyon Moon” is up for debate and can be interpreted as anything. Your Hometown, a loved one, a certain location or memory, etc… Whatever the case, if you ever are away from your home or family and are missing them, I definitely recommend listening to this to help bring you to your happy place!

When you want to show someone you’re there for them… Adore You

“You don’t have to say you love me, You don’t have to say nothing, You don’t have to say you’re mine, Honey, I’d walk through fire for you, Just let me adore you, Oh, honey, I’d walk through fire for you, Just let me adore you, Like it’s the only thing I’ll ever do…” 

Everyone deserves to have someone in their life that cares about them in this way. This song is so sweet, and also happens to be FIRE. If you want to show someone you care about them or are there for them, definitely jam out to this!

When you have a new crush… Carolina

“I met her once and wrote a song about her, I wanna scream, yeah, I wanna shout it out, And I hope she hears me now…”

This song perfectly describes what it feels like to have a new crush! You’re eager, you’re excited, and as Harry says in the song, ‘it feels so good!”

When you’re struggling… Falling

“What am I now?, What am I now?, What if I’m someone I don’t want around?, I’m falling again, I’m falling again, I’m falling,”

This song is so beautiful. The music video is also an actual piece of art!  Personally, I think this song is Harry using his angelic voice to think out loud what we all feel sometimes. If you struggle with mental health, confidence, or anything, know that it is okay to question it and talk about it. If you ever feel uncomfortable or like it’s not okay to do that, listen to this beautiful song as a reminder that it is okay and you are not the only one struggling.

When you need a good song to put on in the car… Sunflower Vol.6

And I don’t wanna make you feel bad, But I’ve been trying hard not to talk to you, My sunflower (sunflower, sunflower), I couldn’t want you any more, Kiss in the kitchen like it’s a dance floor, I couldn’t want you any more tonight (tonight, tonight),”

I honestly could not tell you why but I love listening to this song on a nice drive. It may be the fun beat or the catchy lyrics. I honestly don’t know,  but I just think this is the perfect song to use when it’s your turn to have the aux!

When you need some positivity… Treat People With Kindness

“Maybe we can find a place to feel good, And we can treat people with kindness, Find a place to feel good…”

This song is a ray of sunshine! It is such a feel good tune. I highly recommend it if you’re looking to lift your spirits. OR send it to a friend who you are looking to cheer up. It will 100% lift your mood and outlook.

If it wasn’t obvious, I love Harry Styles. I think his music is perfect and for any occassion. I hope you enjoyed my list and in the words of Harry closing every show, “Treat People With Kindness.”  

Harry Styles Martini
Giphy

Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)