A Glimpse of Last Summer’s Music and Songs To Get You Ready for Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Everyone is counting down the days until summer, this year more than ever. Between the election, COVID-19 pandemic, and many other traumatic historic events, we have high expectations for what next summer will bring. Music is arguably one of the largest parts of everyone’s everyday lives. Therefore, reflecting on last year, “Break My Heart” by Dua Lipa and “Intentions” by Justin Bieber topped the charts. In July, “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd and “Say So” by Doja Cat were played all over. In August, Harry Styles’ “Watermelon Sugar” and “Rose” by St Jhn held the top spots. All of these songs made for irreplaceable summer memories; captivating beach days with friends; snacking on delicious ice cream on a hot day; watching fireworks; spending time in the outdoors, and, best of all, listening to music with the windows down. With Summer 2021 approaching, here are songs to add to your playlist to get you in the mood for warm weather and fun times:

“2U” by Justin Bieber & David Guetta 

For EDM Lovers: These songs have the best build-up and beat drops, and will make your summer days memorable

“Feel So Close” – Radio Edit by Calvis Harris

“2U” by Justin Bieber and David Guetta 

“Nights Like This” by Loud Luxury & CID

“If You’re Too Shy Let Me Know” by The 1975

For the main characters in an Indie Film: These songs will make you feel like you are in a movie making every moment memorable.

“Youuu” by COIN

“Someone to You” by BANNERS

“Good Days” by SZA

For chill vibes: These songs are perfect for sunrise, sunset, stargazing, while taking in the sunshine amid the summer. They will leave you feeling relaxed and content.

“Stargazing” by The Neighbourhood

“Good Days” by SZA

Keep Calm” by dvsn

“The Spins” by Mac Miller

For the fun times: These upbeat songs will have you belting or dancing out the lyrics, so have fun and let loose.

“The Spins” by Mac Miller

“Dancing in the Moonlight” by Toploader

“White Walls” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)