Campus Celebrity: Sarah Palmieri

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Name: Sarah Palmieri

Year:  Junior

Major: Marketing

Minor: Fashion Merchandising

Hometown:  Dix Hills, NY

Campus Involvement:  VP of CCO for Student Government, Philanthropy chair for Alpha Delta Pi, Fashion Club executive board and Co-President for Relay for Life

How did you get involved with CCO? 

I was a part of Student Government my sophomore year and wanted to continue and move up. CCO is part of the exec board for Student Government, and I thought it would be a great opportunity to be more hands on with student government. CCO stands for Councils Clubs and Organizations. What CCO does is make sure all the clubs on campus are recruiting new members, keeping retention and trying to get as many people involved as possible. Getting involved has helped my college transition a lot easier and I wanted to help people get involved as well.

What has been most challenging as VP of CCO?

The most challenging part of CCO is definitely making sure all the clubs have exactly what they need. Being in charge of 57+ clubs can be challenging and can get hectic, but I am doing the best that I can.

What is your sorority’s philanthropy and what events/fundraisers do you participate in throughout the year to raise awareness/money for this philanthropy?

My sorority’s philanthropy is Ronald McDonald House Charities. The events that we do on campus are Preppy Games and Diamonds in the Dirt. We have raised a ton of money and I am excited for what the new philanthropy chair has in store for the chapter!

You’re on the executive board for Fashion Club and you’re minoring in fashion merchandising. What is your dream job in the fashion world? Any fashion tips for us?

My dream job in the fashion world would be to work in a magazine. I don’t know doing what, but I picture myself in the movie The Devil Wears Prada. A fashion tip that I have for everyone is do not be afraid to step out of the box. Some of my most favorites outfits are the ones I wasn’t too sure about at first.

How do you balance all of your leadership roles and extracurricular activities on top of already having to complete all of your academic work?

I always put school first. I make check lists of everything that I need to get done for the week and that really helps balance school work and my activities.

What do you enjoy doing outside of school?

I enjoy being with my friends and just hanging out and relaxing.

What do you love about being a student at SHU?

I love that I can be super involved on campus and get a leadership experience that I don’t think I would have gotten at any other school.

What made you want to join Relay for Life?

My dad passed away of cancer about six years ago now. It was the last thing that we got to do together before he passed. I relay for him and other families that are hurting from cancer.

What are your plans after graduation?

I would love to be working in the fashion field as well as be in grad school at FIT.

Christina Rota

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.