Campus Celebrity: Meg Ofner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Name:  Meg Ofner

Year: Junior

Hometown:  Hamilton, NJ

Major: English

What organizations/clubs are you involved in on campus?

I am on the Women’s Ice Hockey Team, a member of Kappa Delta Sorority, in the English Club and Law Club, an Orientation Leader, and a SAAC (Student Athletic Academic Committee) representative.

Why did you decide to join these clubs/organizations and get involved on campus?

I have always been the type of person to branch out and keep busy. College is no different.

How are you able to balance everything that you are involved with while keeping up with your studies?

I balance everything with a lot of caffeine and support from my friends, teammates & sisters.

What do you like to do in your spare time (when you have it)? 

I enjoy running and reading (shocking for an English major huh?).

What are some fun facts about you that not a lot of people know?

I’m completely obsessed with Chris Young (a musician with an accent, what’s not to love?). I also love old 60s music.

What has been your most memorable experience here at SHU?

My SHU experience has been much too diverse to pinpoint one moment but a few of my favorites have been playing in my first D1 ice hockey game, being initiated into Kappa Delta, learning to sail and any free time spent with my roommates and friends.

Meg (left) having fun with her KD sisters during recruitment weekend 2014.

Where do you see yourself five years from now or where would you like to see your career go in the future?

Five years from now I see myself in my final year of law school. I aspire to eventually end up in the Medical Malpractice Field.

Any advice for students who want to get involved but are scared of becoming overwhelmed?

Don’t be one-dimensional! College is the best time to branch out of your comfort zone and try things you’ve never imagined yourself doing. It’s never too early or too late to get involved!

Brittany Eger

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.