Campus Celebrity: Caroline Valenzano

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Our first campus celebrity of the semester is Caroline Valenzano, the Vice President of SET, Sacred Heart’s Student Events Team!

How did Freshmen Move-In go last weekend?

Freshmen Move-In was awesome! It was really great to see all of the organizations joining together to help support and get to know the incoming class. It’s a fun start to the fall semester!

What does SET do in order to make freshmen feel more at home? 

SET programs constantly to make sure every student enjoys life on campus, not just freshmen! We start the school year strong with an event every single day for a month, and some days we even implement multiple programs. There’s definitely always something going on around campus for fun!

What made you want to become part of SET?

I loved attending the events that this organization runs, and I wanted to get involved with making these events actually happen. I started as a general member and since then I’ve had three different positions on the Executive Board. I’ve had the chance to do a little bit of everything in terms of programming for SHU!

What is your favorite part about being apart of SET?

I love getting the opportunity to make life on campus more enjoyable for people. Obviously we’re all here to get an education, but there is so much time spent outside of a classroom during your undergraduate years too! Being able to give people fun, memorable, (usually free) activities to participate in at Sacred Heart is very rewarding.

How was SET able to bring Nicole Byer to SHU?

Agencies reach out to our Programming Board constantly about different entertainers they can bring to our campus. The same situation happened for Nicole Byer! SET has made connections over the years, so we have great relationships with these talent groups and receive early notice when an entertainer is available! I’m a fan of MTV’s Girl Code, so I’m very happy we were able to bring one of the show’s comedians to Sacred Heart. We had a huge crowd turnout, and Nicole did not disappoint. 

What can you tell us about the fall concert?

Plot Twist: There won’t be a fall concert this year, BUT that’s because our office is going to put all of the time, money, and energy into getting a bigger named artist for the spring, so stay tuned for that announcement!

What are some upcoming events for the SHU community?

Student Events Team has sooooo many upcoming events so be sure to check your social media sites and email on what’s next! This month alone we have: comedians, hypnotists, glass etching, a psychic fair, a life-size game day, spin art, caricature artists, and more! It’s going to be a great month!

Victoria Caputo

Sacred Heart

Victoria Caputo is a junior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English Major with a double minor in Creative Writing and Graphic Design studying as a graduate student in the Elementary Education program. She is a co-chair of Relay for Life, the founder and President of To Write Love on Her Arms, and the newly appointed Treasurer of SHU's Her Campus Chapter!
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.