This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

I used to always read when I was a kid, but then I kind of grew out of it. As I got older, I started to read during my free time again, now it is something I do all of the time! Reading to me is relaxing and allows me to be creative. Every year I set a reading goal for myself, in 2022 I wanted to read 15 books and I did! For 2023, I set my goal to 25 books and I am currently reading my 5th book. Here are some of the best books I have read so far. 

Colleen Hoover has gained tons of fame since her book It Ends With Us received popularity. Just like a lot of others, this was the first book of hers that I read and it was good. After reading this I realized how much I loved her writing style. I then went on to read Ugly Love, November 9th, Verity, It Starts With Us, the Hopeless series and All Your Perfects. I loved them all, but I think November 9th is my favorite book of hers so far. I have more on my shelf, I just have to get around to reading them. 

I also love the series A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder, by Holly Jackson. My roommate likes to read as well and she had the books and let me borrow them. I thought these books were good, I like a well thought out mystery. This series had me wanting to read more and I loved the main character, Pip. Out of all three books in the series, my favorite was the final one, As Good As Dead.

I have read an abundance of books recently but those are my favorites. A good place to find books is the app Goodreads! It customizes recommendations for you based on what you have read and what you are interested in! Currently I’m reading the book After by Anna Todd and I keep track of how far into the book I am on that app.

Mia Redick

Sacred Heart '24

Hi everyone, my name is Mia and I am Psychology major with a criminal justice minor! For my future career, I hope to be a school psychologist! I am a part of the dance ensemble, delight ministries, and I am the Vice President Operations for the sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. I love to hanging out with friends and family, going to the gym, and reading!