The Best Group Costumes for Halloween 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner, and it’s time to start planning those group costumes! Group costumes are a great way to incude all of your friends for a fun night. Whether it’s sweet, sexy, or downright goofy, dressing up with friends is always more exciting. Here’s a variety of funky ideas for Halloween night that will grab everyone’s attention.

Mario Kart Crew

For a larger group of people, the Mario Kart posse is perfect fit! This group can be either co-ed or single sex. To dress as Peach, wear a pink dress, tiara, teal jewelry, and a blonde wig (unless you’re already a blonde of course!). Decorating boxes for your carts is optional but adds a lot of character to the costume.

Deck of Cards

Have a group of four? To do a deck of cards, each girl can be a suit. You can go simple and sexy with a white dress decorated with spades, hearts, clubs, or diamonds.

The Scooby Doo Gang

Characters from this popular cartoon are fun costumes for a small co-ed group of friends.

For instance, to dress up as Velma, throw on an orange crop top, red mini skirt, orange knee-high socks, and some nerdy glasses.

The Minions (Despicable Me)

These adorable creatures from Despicable Me are perfect for any size group. You could also be a solo minion. Go traditional with a yellow t-shirt, goggles, and overalls, or be a little more scandalous with a yellow bandeau, jean short-shorts, suspenders, and some goggles.

Alcoholic Beverages

Round up five of your friends and go out as a six pack! Get creative and DIY by making a duct tape dress. Then, simply attach the logo on the box from your favorite beer to the front of the dress and you are good to go!

Other favorites include the Fanta Girls, Crayons, and Super Heroes.

Jenn Robillard

Sacred Heart

Jenn is a math major at SHU and is in the Education program. She plays on the softball team, is a member of RHA, Math Club, and Education club. She's from MA and is a hardcore Sox, Pats, Celtics, and Bruins fan! She enjoys watching Pretty Little Liars with her besties. She loves food more than anything.
Taylor Lane is a senior in the Sacred Heart University school of education. She majors in English and is a section editor for the school newspaper, Spectrum. She is a captain on the Division I Softball team. Taylor aspires to be a special education teacher and spends her free time volunteering in programs for people with special needs.